My Nephew’s Tooth Pain Story!

Everyone might have been through many different types of pains before, such as stomachache, headache and so on. Amongst the pains, I must say that the tooth pain is the most torturing type!

We’re been kids before, and most of us have many great and unforgettable memory during childhood. Well, in this case, it’s not with my 9 years old nephew, Matthew.

For your information, he loves all those sweets things: Candies, cookies, cupcakes, marshmallows, Lollipop and much more. Matthew has a bad habit, where he don’t like to brush his teeth day and night! As an uncle, I always advised him not to eat too much of sweets, or he will suffering the pain in the end. Unfortunately, he didn’t listen my advice at all…

Everything seems to be fined until two days ago, he was crying so loudly. His mother asked him what is going on; he said he has tooth pain! His mother told me about the matter and I brought him into the nearest dental clinic.

When he’s arriving in front the dental clinic, he was shouting like a crazy person and I’m very embarrassed about this incident. However, I still need to do my duty and take him inside the clinic. After about a few minutes of waiting, a lovely nurse came out and called Matthew’s name. Then, I took him into the room.

In this moment, Matthew was nearly scared to death and his whole body was trembling like earthquake! At that moment, I was a little bit anxious about Matthew’s condition and I’m suggested to take him away from the room. The dentist immediately stopped my action and told me to calm down. He said that Matthew might have what they called, “Dental Phobia’, where is a misnomer. This “dental phobia” is happening to about 15% of all Americans.

I think the dentist is a very nice person, as he has tried to keep Matthew calm down with his funny jokes. And, it’s very useful indeed! During the treatment, the dentist reminds Matthew and me the correct ways on how to practice the dental care in our daily life.

Beside that, he also told me that dental hygiene is very important, as the tooth pain and gum diseases not only harmful our oral, but it can cause some serious health problems, such as cardiovascular diseases and strokes to the person that neglected the oral care!

After spending two hours of time at the dental clinic, we’re heading back to home. When we arrived at home, Matthew promised me that he would take a good care on his teeth, as he don’t want to have tooth pain anymore!

Way to go, Matt. I’m very proud of you, and hope you’ll keep your promise.

PS: Picture credits goes to businessweek.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I am not a real fan of dentists either. Happy nephew is doing better and a lesson learned the hard way!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More